Monday, October 25, 2010

Time Flies

My wise grandmother always told me how time sped up as we grew older. I would smile and think to myself, "I sure wish it would hurry cause I want to be 16, or I want to go shopping this weekend, or I can't wait to be out of school for the summer."

One of the small groups I belong to writes emails to each other on a daily basis. We have an inside joke among us...."It's that day again." Yes, I have reached the speedy time of my life. Now how did that happen so fast? Do you remember that old song, Turn Around, often played at weddings? Oh how true that is. At last, time to be out of school, time to marry, time for babies, time for school again, time for grandkids, time to grow older. It seems I no more that wake than it is time to prepare for bed again and those darn Monday's roll around all too often. As a matter of fact Christmas is only two months away and it seems I just put the decorations away from last year.

If I looked at this in one way I could become depressed thinking life is rolling by as in the blink of an eye but I chose to think of it another way. Yes, the once auburn hair has many touches of gray now, the once smooth lines seems to sag a little more every year and even the bones seem to ache at times but blessings have come with those changes too. My time seems to fly because I have filled it with much...five grandkids who I have been blessed enough to have been part of their growing up years, three sons now grown and responsible men and fathers, a husband of 51 years still healthy and active, oh so many friends, and so many things I want to do that I can't find enough time. So if there is a moral to these ramblings it is to take a little of that precious time, look at what you really have, and spend it with the people who really matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment